- 2 dates, pitted, plus ¾ cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch flat-leaf spinach, trimmed
Blend whole dates, lime zest, lime juice, and ⅓ cup oil in a blender until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
Heat remaining ⅓ cup oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook shallots, stirring often, until golden brown and crisp, 5–7 minutes; drain on paper towels and season with salt.
Toss spinach and chopped dates with dressing. Top with fried shallots.